Friday, May 28, 2010

Red Mountain Resort & Spa

Even though I arrived late for my stay at Red Mountain Resort & Spa, I was immediately relieved to find the resort had provided me with not only a comfortable room, but chicken salad to alleviate my hunger. They knew that I would be tired from a long drive and the restaurant was closed; this was their way of taking good care of me.

I stayed in one of the suites. The room was clean and relaxed, with a kitchen and family room as well as a comfortable bedroom.

My first morning started early. I went to the restaurant for breakfast and was surprised that I was probably the last one there, even at 7:30. Everybody else was already enjoying the buffet, so I had to catch up. I enjoyed fresh fruit, but to be a little adventurous I added a bit of prickly pear syrup to my oatmeal. The chef was in the dining room speaking with guests, and I had the pleasure of meeting him. He told me that a large portion of their foods were prepared using local and organic products.

I was lucky enough to go on a Morning Meditation Hike, hiking up into Snow Canyon which has breathtaking views. It was pretty neat to do yoga on the red rocks, even for a guy like me who doesn’t even know how to sit cross-legged. It was worth getting up early to enjoy the adventure.

Red Mountain also has an amazing spa. I went that evening and chose the Canyon Warm Stone Massage which was incredible after my eventful day.

Dinner at the resort was a unique experience. Because I attended the resort alone, I was asked if I wanted to eat by myself or at a community table. I chose to sit at a community table with several women from various backgrounds. It was a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and hear about different cultures. Most of the guests were staying for five or six days. They were the lucky ones. I only had two days at the resort and missed out on most of the activities that they offered. The resort offers a variety of guided hikes and bike rides, in addition to daily activities such as kickboxing, yoga and horseback riding.

Red Mountain Resort & Spa is in an amazing location, just off the beaten path in St. George. Gorgeous views of the canyon surround the area; it’s hard not to feel at ease. I wish that I had had three or four more days to enjoy the tranquility of the resort. I left feeling like I wanted to be healthier, and I can’t think of a better feeling to take away from a resort experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment